Star Avenue is less than 1/2 mile from our previous location. Just off of Rt. 105
(E. Main Street) near the old Winthrop Atkins building.

Please see map on the Contact Page
Eric Hartley, CPA, MST

Tax Tips

Tax law can be complex. Our office is ready to assist you in navigating laws and subsequent changes that affect your personal or business needs.

Listed below are examples of common adjustments and deductions.


  • Charitable Donations

    As a donor, you may not deduct labor or time, but you may deduct expenses such as mileage, uniforms, and even the cost of taking underprivileged youth to sports events or movies.

  • Medical Expenses

    It's difficult to reach the percentage of adjusted gross income you need to spend on medical expenses to be eligible. But if you qualify, you shouldn't overlook all possible expenses. Sometimes, it's even best for married couples to consider filing separately if one partner has high medical bills.

  • Moving Expenses

    If you moved more than 50 miles for work and stayed employed, you might be able to deduct reasonable moving expenses. No itemization is necessary.

  • Mortgage Interest Points

    Points paid on a home mortgage are usually deductible as interest. If the mortgage is for the purchase or improvement of your principal residence, you can either deduct the full amount of the points in the year of payment or, if you're not itemizing your deductions that year, pay back the points over the loan term.

  • Retirement Plan

    One of the most powerful tax shelters available is a qualified retirement plan. Within certain limits, contributions to fund the plan are immediately tax deductible, plan investment earnings are tax deferred, and plan participants do not have to pay income taxes on benefits until they receive their distributions.


  • Business Automobiles

    You can claim deductions for the business-related use of an auto using either the standard mileage rate method or the actual expense method. You should use the method that will yield the largest deduction.

  • Hiring Your Children

    If you have your own business, consider hiring your child to work after school or on vacations. The wages you pay your child for bona fide work are tax deductible.

  • Home office expenses

    To qualify for a deduction related to an office in the home, you must have an area of your home used exclusively as your principal place of business. This includes a place of business where you meet or deal with patients, clients, or customers.

  • Profit-sharing plans

    Unlike other plans, a profit-sharing plan is flexible. It can be designed so that the employer is not required to make an annual contribution.

Call us today to set up a time to discuss your specific situation and needs.

Free initial consultations!

Please Help us to communicate with you by providing us with an e-mail address!

Office Now Located At:

4 Star Avenue
Middleboro, MA 02346

(508) 947-2437
Website Builder